Cartoonist Scarfe and his 'Monsters'

by R27 CREATIVELAB on Wednesday 24 September 2008

It was only when The South Bank Show on Sunday night reminded me of Gerald Scarfe's name again that I began to reminisce to a time when I wasn't quite old enough to understand the broadsheets but I could at least look at the pictures. Gerald's images in their unique style jumped out off the page and brought it to life, well for me anyway...

Below is his amazingly crafted title sequence for "Yes Minister" you may have to be over a certain age to remember that one...



He also designed the characters in Disney's "Hercules" (1997). The nose of the character Panic (Matt Frewer) from the Disney film reflects the artist's penchant for long noses. He doesn't stop there, he's created an endless stream of work and collaborated with many individuals over the years

Go to his site and view a few of his creations | Main Site |

Or just google him, here, I've made it easy for you | Gerald Scarfe |

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Best Regards Rajesh