World War - 3D Animation (Vincent Chai)

by R27 CREATIVELAB on Thursday 9 October 2008

World War was created by Vincent Chai for his final degree project whilst studying 3D Animation at the University Of Hertfordshire.

Vincent took time out and shared a few words with R27. Have a read before watching the animation below.

As soon as he got the chance to create a film of his own, he said that "I wanted to include everything I had learned throughout the years in a 4 minute animation. Therefore, I started to construct a storyline with a simple anti-war concept inspired by a quote of Albert Einstein ''I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones''. In addition, I love to watch movies as well, so I put in many ideas that I had seen into the short".

He chose to create the animation with an oriental backdrop as the animation itself was too short to explain the back story, Vincent says that "I wish that audiences can relate to what has happened in the past right at the beginning of film".

Stills from the World War:




He's currently working as game artist and has a few stories in his mind, hoping to continue to produce 3d short films during his spare time and share to everyone.


World War - 3D Animation @ University Of Hertfordshire 2008 from Digital Animation Herts Uni UK on Vimeo.

Vincent Chai portfolio: vincentch20.co.uk

Visit uhanimation.co.uk to see more films created by the University of Hertfordshire Digital Animation 3D|VFX|2D|Games Art students

"Keep creating Vincent, keep creating...." R27

Leave a comment and show some support for Vincent!!!!!

5 comments

awesome work, Vincent! can't wait to see more of your stuff
-Anca

by Anonymous on 09/10/2008, 17:32. #

Nice, I almost forgot about the bomb for a moment, the world blew up at which point I laughed... is that allowed.

Jake C.

by Anonymous on 12/10/2008, 11:13. #

Wickedly funny!!!

Miss E

by Anonymous on 12/10/2008, 11:15. #

I couldn't agree more with Jake, I was enjoying the Matrix-esque fight sequence and then.. Bang!!!!! The End : )

Liz : )

PS. can't wait for the next one...

by Anonymous on 12/10/2008, 19:10. #

Great work Vincent!

Darren B.

by Anonymous on 13/10/2008, 08:12. #

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Best Regards Rajesh