Mark Zuckerberg "Facebook" Portrait

by R27 CREATIVELAB on Sunday 17 June 2012

"I spent some time in the States last month and before the trip, I thought I'd do a portrait of a recognisable American in memory of my trip to the States. I was there to attend the EG Conference where I was invited as one of the speakers. I'll blog about that experience soon - it was amaaazing - and here's my mum's post about it on her blog.

I've been working on portraits of Chinese figures so far because I'm living in China and I thought it'd be a great way to learn more about the culture and people here through researching about them and utilising local materials to go about my art projects.

I was going to ask friends on Facebook to suggest a American I should paint - then I thought - hold on - Why not the creator (or co-creator!) of Facebook himself?! And what if I played around with the words 'Face' and 'Book'? ...oh wow...was I being PUNNY?!

I liked the idea but didn't know how to go about using books for the portrait. But inspiration came to me one day as I was working on some facade systems in HASSELL, the architecture company that I work for."

Read more via the link above

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Best Regards Rajesh