After Kickstarting $2.5M In 1 Day, Can OUYA Disrupt Gaming?

by R27 CREATIVELAB on Wednesday 11 July 2012

Media_httpwwwfastcode_dmvbf

Why can’t I play my mobile games on my television? It’s a simple problem with a million solutions, none of which have taken over the world just yet. Will my phone Wi-Fi stream games to my TV, or will my TV just have an app store? What about Google TV? What about Apple TV? Where are all the apps we were promised with those? So far, it’s all been a tease.

Ouya is a simple solution. It’s a $100 box that’s about the size of a Rubik’s Cube. It’s fit with a powerful smartphone chipset. And it can play pretty much any Android game or other app on your TV through a console-quality controller that features a d-pad, triggers, buttons, and even a touchpad. Hackers are free to open it with a normal screwdriver. And every game it runs will be free-to-play. Their proprietary Android app store will only allow developers to charge for components like extra content packs. Games always download at no cost whatsoever.

Read more at the link above

Leave your comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Best Regards Rajesh